There is a common misconception among students applying to MBA programmes abroad that higher the GMAT exam score more are the chances of being selected for a GMAT scholarship. That is, however, farther from the truth. For all of the top universities from the USA, UK and Europe, the GMAT score is an admission requirement for management programmes. A high GMAT exam score will definitely help applications stand out from among others but for scholarships, there are a lot more factors in play. Most universities do look at the GMAT score while determining whether or not to give a GMAT scholarship. The requirements to be selected for a scholarship will differ from institute to institute. To help the readers, we have compiled a list of the top scholarships from institutes that accept GMAT scores for admission.
- Chicago Booth School of Business, USA: The Chicago Booth School of Business has a very well-known MBA programme. Indian students have the option of applying to the Ramakrishna Family Scholarship and the Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship. These scholarships select new students being admitted into the MBA programme to receive the scholarship amount. The Ramakrishna Family Scholarship awards three students 25,000 USD every year on the basis of the applicant’s transcripts and GMAT test scores.
- Haas School of Business, USA: University of Berkley’s business, called the Haas School of Business accepts Indian students into their MBA program every year. There are both merit-based and need-based scholarships available. For Indian students, there is the Dr. Tahir Fellowships. The fellowship grants 40,000 USD to international students with preference given to those who have completed their undergraduate studies from Asia. As part of the selection criteria, all documents submitted during admission is evaluated, including the GMAT exam score.
- British Council GREAT scholarships for Indian students, UK: The British Council offers scholarships in a wide range of subjects to Indian students who wish to study at the UK. Applicants must be enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate studies that are full-time. Postgraduate studies like MBA students are to use the scholarship amount towards one-years full tuition and fees. Applying students must be Indian passport holders with an excellent academic track record. This is a GMAT scholarship as the GMAT score is also evaluated.
- UCD Global Graduate Scholarships for Indian students in Ireland, Europe: UCD Global is one of the top educational destinations of international students located in Dublin. The school is one of the largest providers of graduate education in all of Ireland. Their scholarships for Indian students are awarded a full tuition waiver with a stipend of 10,000 Euro for living expenses. MBA students need to submit a GMAT score during admission which is used as an evaluation tool while choosing scholarship awardees.
- Sussex India scholarship, UK: For Indian students studying at the University of Sussex in the UK there is the Sussex India Scholarship. Only postgraduate students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Selected students are awarded 3,000 GBP tuition fee reductions. All Indian students who have enrolled in their master’s programmes and is a self-financing student are eligible only. All transcripts and test scores submitted during application including GMAT score are evaluated.
- Orange Tulip Scholarship: Designed solely for Indian students studying in participating universities at the Netherlands there is the Orange Tulip scholarship. Students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes are eligible provided they are Indian citizens and meet all the requirements like GMAT score for the scholarships scheme. Selected students get a percentage off from their tuition and other fees. Applications for the scholarship are to be submitted before April 1st of each academic year.
Check all information for GMAT such as registration, exam date, result etc. at https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/exams/gmat