Keeping your devices safe from threats has never been more important. Cyber-criminals have become much more efficient in intruding and stealing other people’s sensitive data. They are constantly busy coming up with new ways to spy, damage, and extort people with new innovative ways.
However, there are a few ways that you can use to counter these threats against you. One of which is to rely on online virus scanning platforms to keep your devices secure. But, do we really know for sure if that is the right choice? And if it is, then which platforms should you opt for? These are some of the questions that we have answered below.
What is Online Virus Scanning?
Online virus scanning means going online and scanning your computers for viruses and malware with the scanners present on different webpages. They can perform thorough scans of your computers, and detect any and all the malware that your computer may have been affected with.
This way, you would not need to install antivirus software on your computers and laptops, which may not even be that effective at times. Online scanners use online servers that allow you to somewhat prevent cyber-crimes against yourselves.
Why Should You Consider It?
Not everyone gives importance to the need to scan their computers and laptops. Modern-day devices are open to several serious threats that can damage, spy, corrupt, and even wipe out all your important data.
Virus scanning allows you to secure yourself from all sorts of threats such as viruses, malware, spyware, phishing scams, Trojans, and much more. You need to make it a habit of yours to scan your devices for possible threats regularly.
Since virus scanning is so important, let us have a look at some of the advantages that online virus scanning comes with:
- First and foremost, online virus scanners can detect and eliminate all kinds of malware and viruses that may infect your computers.
- Since these scanners are available on the web, you have the freedom to choose from several different options that best defend your computers against all threats.
- If you ever find yourself unhappy with your current online virus scanner, you could easily switch to a different scanner worrying about time-consuming uninstallations, subscriptions, and whatnot.
- Even if your computer has been infected by a virus and you find your local antivirus compromised, you could still seek help from these online scanners since they are free from these threats. You won’t need to completely erase everything on your computer to take back control.
- Unlike conventional antivirus software, you won’t need to manually set up the virus scanner. Scanning online is as easy as 1, 2, and 3.
- You won’t even need to worry about updating your virus scanner; all online scanners are updated automatically by developers.
- Best of all, these scanners are completely free for use for all.
Now that you know what online scanning does for you, you must also know the downside of using this method for scanning.
- All online virus scanners need a dependable internet connection such as the one offered by Suddenlink internet to properly scan your computers for any viruses that may exist. You could acquire that from BuyTVInternetPhone, but you have to make sure that you are connected there is only so much it can do.
- At times, online virus scanners may not be able to efficiently perform their duties if the device is already under serious attack.
- Antivirus software can detect potential threats before they harm you. Online virus scanners cannot do that. They can only detect and then rid you of any viruses that have already start to cause trouble.
- Not all online virus scanners can do the right job; you have to browse through several options before you find the right one.
Possible Options You Could Consider
You may come across many online virus scanners that claim to be the right choice but when you visit the platforms, you have to face trial versions and incompetent scanners. Fortunately, there are a few that deliver on their promise.
- BullGuard Online Virus Scanner is one of the most efficient online scanners that can trace every inch of your hard disk for viruses and malware.
- Kaspersky File Scanner is a remote scanner where you can upload any and all corrupted and suspicious files for a detailed scan. The scanner lets you know whether those files are safe for keeping or not.
- OPSWAT MetaDefender Cloud is a cloud-based scanner that analyzes your devices for malware. It allows you to scan files, URLs, domains, and pretty much everything to secure yourself from any kind of threat.
The Final Verdict
Online virus scanners have their perks and flaws to offer. However, you need to take security of your devices seriously. You have to carefully go through each aspect of these scanners before you hand over your computer’s security to them.