Cork flooring is actually a kind of hardwood flooring that is in great demand today. It is one of the types of flooring that are 100% naturally made with renewable resources. The green hardwood flooring has actually become a replacement to many flooring types today.
Flooring Domain is one of the flooring services in Brisbane, Australia, which have become the most opted cork flooring Brisbane services. They are best known for handling all floor-covering tasks such as tiles, epoxy, decking, carpets, etc. Visit their webpage to know more about their available services.
Cork oak tree is one of the many types of trees that are grown for multipurpose today. The bark of this commercial tree type is used for the designing of the cork flooring. The manufacturers first collect the bark from the tree trunks, grind them into fine powdered form and finally compress and make them into hardwood flooring materials.
Cork Flooring Pros and Cons
There are many pros and cons that are associated with the cork flooring option for your houses and buildings.
- The trendy factor of this flooring kind has made it the most opted flooring type for every room in the home.
- The flooring material is available in the sheets and tiles of different dimensions. You can easily make the choice of choosing the right dimension for your home. Normal cost for cork flooring installations vary accordingly. However, if you are a DIY expert of flooring, then you can install them on your own.
- Once installed, it is just like walking on a cushioned surface. Cork flooring will not be as hard as other flooring kinds, and hence the effect.
- The flooring serves as an excellent insulator.
- The material is hypoallergenic in nature. Since the floor woods are designed with natural materials, there are no or lesser chances of them causing any microbial hazards in the surroundings where they are installed. The microbes cannot get easily stuck onto the surface, and hence can be removed every time you sweep the area.
- The flooring can be easily installed with the help of DIY procedures. If any damage is caused on the flooring, then you can easily replace that particular cork flooring sheet.
- Cork flooring is quite susceptible to damages of different kinds.
- If you place heavy furniture on the flooring, then there are higher chances of the flooring becoming dented here and there, where it meets the base of the furniture. You cannot even place heavy appliances such as a refrigerator and washing machine on the floor.
- Pets with long and sharp nails can easily scratch on the floor. Even if you keep their nails trimmed, the flooring can still be damaged by them.
- If exposed to sunlight constantly, then there are higher chances of the outer shine of the flooring fading after a certain time.
- The flooring requires water sealing.
If you are willing to get this floor type installed onto your home, then there are many wooden flooring Brisbane services to help you with your project. Feel free to visit the websites of the reputed flooring services and hire their service.