Central Teacher Eligibility Test is a national level examination which is conducted to recruit individuals to be potential school teachers. The CTET consists of 2 tests in total: Paper 1 & Paper 2. Paper 1 is directed for those candidates who want to apply for teaching I-VI and Paper 2 is conducted for those applying for teaching VI-VIII.
The CTET is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). This year, the CTET Exam is being conducted on December 08, 2019.
About CTET Recruitment
The CTET Exam takes place twice every year. Candidates who apply for Paper-1 must have cleared 12th with 50% marks. For Paper-2, B.Ed is mandatory.
Those who fail to fulfill the eligibility criteria must not proceed to fill the application form as their forms will be rejected.
- The qualifying marks for CTET is 60%
- The individuals must be at least 17 years of age to apply. There are no upper age limitations on individuals
- The qualifying certificate (if one gets) will have 7 years of validity from the date of result declaration
- Candidates can apply and write CTET exam multiple times
- Only Indian Citizens can apply for the test
- The official website i.e www.ctet.nic.in can be visited anytime to check details and elaborated information regarding the exam
- In order to clear CTET, attempting more and more CTET Mock Test and going through previous year question papers to get more clarity over the exam
CTET Recruitment Procedure
According to the selection process of the CTET Exam, the very first thing individuals must do is check if they satisfy the eligibility criteria. If they do, they should fill the application form accurately attaching all the documents which are required.
Once the application form is successfully submitted, the officials will let the individuals know (on their site) whether their form has been approved or not. Once the form is approved, the officials will release a separate CTET Admit Card for all candidates on their official site which has to be carried with one while going to attempt the exam.
- All the individuals are meant to carry their respective call letters in the exam hall. Without it, they will not get the entry at any cost
- It is the students’ responsibility to make sure that the information given on their hall ticket is all accurate. If it is not, they must call the authorities and get it all rectified
- It is important that candidates behave well, in all realms, in the exam hall
- The exam takes place in offline i.e pen and paper mode
- There will be a total of 150 questions in the question paper that candidates have to finish in a specific period of time
- Students will have to complete the paper within 2H 30M
- The subjects included in the exam are Mathematics, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Child Development and Pedagogy and Environmental Studies
- The initial salary of a person who clears CTET is INR 35000 – INR 37000
How to Apply for CTET Exam
In order to apply for the CTET Exam, check with the eligibility criteria. If you satisfy it, then check the exam dates and visit the official website when the application form link is active. Then, follow the simple steps mentioned below in order to apply for the exam:
- Go to the active link for applying
- Fill the application form with accurate details
- Upload required documents and photo and signature (in the given format only)
- Pay the application fee
- Review once and then submit the form
- You can check the application form approval status on the official website, afterward
- If approved, you can download your respective Admit Card once the link is active for the same on the official website itself